Overhead Lighting for Big Box Stores
TCP offers big box lighting solutions that showcase your products and displays in the best light, make shoppers comfortable, and conserve energy for lower electricity bills each month.
When it comes to big box stores, high quality overhead lighting makes a difference.
When shoppers walk into your store, you probably don’t want the lighting to be the first thing they notice. The focus should be on your products and displays. But that doesn’t mean retail store lighting isn’t important.
Effective lighting facilitates sales by highlighting certain areas of the store and providing a pleasant atmosphere. Great big box lighting makes shoppers comfortable enough to stay longer.
But the best retail lighting doesn’t just help generate revenue–it cuts costs, too. TCP’s advanced LED lighting technology helps you save on your energy bills. LED bulbs are also longer-lasting than traditional incandescent or fluorescent bulbs, which means you can spend less time and money on maintenance and replacements.
Only TCP Offers a Total, End-to-End Commercial Lighting Solution
Overhead Lighting Selection
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 12″ (27K, 50K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 10″ (27K, 50K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 8″ (27K, 50K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 6″ (27K, 50K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 4″ (27K, 50K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 4″ (30K, 35K, 41K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 6″ (30K, 35K, 41K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 12″ (30K, 35K, 41K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 10″ (30K, 35K, 41K)Read more
LED Selectable Commercial Recessed Downlight, 8″ (30K, 35K, 41K)Read more
Types of Lights to Use for Retail
There are four main options for big box retailers when it comes time to choose light bulbs: incandescent, halogen, fluorescent, and LED light bulbs.
- Incandescent: the least expensive light bulb choice, but also the least energy efficient option. Because of their low energy efficiency, the bulbs can become costly through energy bills, despite their low initial investment cost. Retailers should also be prepared to make frequent bulb replacements.
- Halogen: these bulbs use about 30% less energy than incandescent bulbs. Their color temperature is slightly cooler, at around 3,000 Kelvin. But this does not negatively affect the way products look–halogen bulbs also have a great CRI for showing products true to color. Halogen bulbs also have short lifespans and will need replaced frequently.
- Fluorescent: these bulbs use less energy and last longer than incandescent or halogen bulbs. Fluorescent lights typically require maintenance and repair due to their ballasts, which are necessary for fluorescent fixtures. Their CRI is around 80, which is not great for showcasing the true colors of products.
- LED: the most energy efficient option for retail lighting is also the most versatile. LEDs are appropriate for display lighting, ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting, with a CRI over 90. At TCP, we offer LED lights at a wide Kelvin range, so you can have your pick when it comes to lighting temperature. And while the initial investment cost for LEDs can be intimidating, the return on investment for LED bulbs is a significant one, thanks to their long lifespans and energy conservation.
LEDs for Retail
Choosing LED lights for your retail store has quite a few advantages. They create a comfortable shopping environment and increase profits by cutting energy costs.
Create a comfortable shopping environment by choosing the best color temperature. People tend to be most comfortable in warm light or bright, natural light. TCP’s LED solutions offer a wide range of color temperatures to fit any store’s needs.
LEDs are so efficient, ENERGY STAR measures their lifespan differently than other lamps. Rather than measuring the time it takes for them to burn out, LED product lifetime is based on a prediction of the time it will take for light output to decrease by 30%. That means a lot less bulb-replacing and a lot more time for you and your employees.
Retail Lighting Fixtures
TCP’s LED bulbs look fantastic in a variety of fixtures. Some can even be retrofitted to old fixtures to help you save time and money during the initial LED investment.
Some of the most common retail lighting fixtures include:
- Flushed/recessed lighting
- Exposed canister
- Down spotlights
- Adjustable spotlights
- Pendant lights
- Suspended luminaires
- Surface-mounted luminaires
- Track lighting
- Surface-mounted fixtures
- Coffered light recesses
- Suspended hanging lights
For help determining what type of lighting fixture is best for your big box store, reach out to TCP! Our lighting experts are happy to work with you from the first step of the lighting design process to the very last installation follow-up.
Retail Store Displays
TCP’s lighting solutions make in-store displays and window displays more eye-catching. With plenty of color temperature options, and bulb styles ranging from simple to decorative, TCP has the lighting you need to draw shoppers to your products and help them walk away happy.
When considering product display lighting, give yourself flexibility. Dimmer switches allow you to adjust based on the design of the current window display. Dim light works great for highly stylized clothing displays, while bright, clean lighting tends to be more successful for high-activity lighting and technical products, like technology and kitchen supplies.
Tips for Maximizing Your Retail Light
Wondering how to make the most of your retail lighting? A few simple strategies can make sure your lighting is working hard, maximizing profits, and keeping shoppers coming back again and again.
- Invest wisely. While LED lighting may cost more upfront, the savings can pay off quickly, making them a better choice for the long-term budget.
- Be mindful of color temperature and CRI. Most stores are most successful when these numbers are consistent across the store, with some exceptions for dressing rooms or special displays.
- Layer your lighting. A strategic balance of ambient, task, and accent lighting is important for all lighting schemes, including retail lighting systems. The ambient light from overhead lights will provide general lighting. Task lighting adds function to work spaces. Accent lighting adds visual interest and directs shoppers’ eyes from product to product.
Consult a TCP Lighting Expert
Ready to take your lighting to the next level?
TCP has more than 20 years of experience with lighting production. We control every step of our process, from design to distribution. We understand the importance of quality lighting and customer service to the success of your business.
Contact us today to consult with one of TCP’s lighting experts and learn more about how our commercial lighting solutions can transform your retail space.