Light Bulb 101: How ENERGY STAR® Works
TCP is an ENERGY STAR® partner – which means TCP products meet ENERGY STAR’s high standards of efficiency. Only products with the highest quality, performance, and energy-efficiency will receive certification from ENERGY STAR.
Do you share our criteria for energy efficiency and high quality? Then you can be confident that TCP products are durable and perform well for you and/or your customers.
TCP’s label – which features ENERGY STAR – means high quality and performance, particularly in the following areas:
6 different requirements for color to ensure quality up-front and over time
- Light output minimums to ensure you get enough light
- Light distribution requirements to ensure the light goes where you need it
- Guidelines for equivalency claims to take the guesswork out of replacement
Peace of Mind
- Verified compliance with more than 20 separate industry standards and procedures
- Long term testing to back up lifetime claims
- Testing to stress the products in operating environments similar to how you will use the product in your home
- 3 year minimum warranty requirement
And as with all ENERGY STAR products, products are subject to random testing every year to ensure they continue to meet the ENERGY STAR requirements.
So when you think of ENERGY STAR quality – think TCP!